For Immediate Release: October 28, 2022
ICAN Endorses Kimberly Yee for Reelection as Arizona’s State TreasurerPhoenix, Arizona:The Israeli-American Civic Action Network has endorsed Kimberly Yee for reelection to the office of State Treasurer in Arizona:
“Treasurer Yee has done an exceptional job putting the State of Arizona on course for greater financial strength while ensuring that public funds are not used to undermine the state’s interests or American values. Treasurer Yee has fully implemented the state’s anti-BDS laws, divesting millions of dollars in state funds from companies actively working to undermine U.S. foreign policy. Treasurer Yee’s leadership is a model for other treasurers to follow across the country.”
Some of Yee’s pro-Israel accomplishments while in office include:
- As Arizona Treasurer, Kimberly Yee divested $143 Million dollars from Unilever, the parent company of Ben & Jerry’s, for their boycott of Israel on September 7, 2021.
- She led a national movement with Arizona being the first state in the country to divest state funds from Unilever. Numerous other states immediately followed Treasurer Yee’s lead in either divesting funds or launching reviews of their own investments with Unilever, Ben & Jerry’s parent company.
- In her statement in divesting Yee said, “As Arizona’s Chief Banking and Investment Officer, I stand with Israel, and I will not allow taxpayer dollars to go towards anti-Semitic, discriminatory efforts against Israel.”
- Treasurer Yee & the Treasury have tripled investments supporting Israel by investing more than $30 Million in Israel Bonds.
- In 2016, as an Arizona State Senator, Kimberly Yee voted to support Anti-BDS legislation which became law in Arizona.
- In 2021, as Arizona’s Chief Banking and Investment Officer, she took action to enforce the Anti-BDS law by divesting all of Arizona’s investments with Unilever, following Ben & Jerry’s boycott of Israel. In 2022, Unilever reversed its boycott.
- In 2022, Treasurer Kimberly Yee put Morningstar, Inc. on notice as their ESG rating system violates state’s Anti-BDS lawn and is prepared to place them on the prohibited investment list in Arizona.
The Israeli-American Civic Action Network is dedicated to empowering Israeli immigrants and American allies to create change for a better America, a more secure Israel, and a stronger U.S. – Israel alliance through advocacy education and civic action. Learn more at IsraelUSA.org.